Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ambition Strikes..

At 3 in the morning! WTF??
Why is this? I lay there thinking about all the things I didn't get done yesterday and all of a sudden I'm awake and I find myself upright and vertical in my bedroom. This is how my body knows it's time to be up. When it finds itself upright and vertical.
It takes a bit of time for my body and my head to sync watches here. My eyes are telling my head that my body is frickin' nuts because it's only 3 AM.
My body is telling my head that it's time to be awake, because, well, we're awake.

Body: It's 3 AM, look at the clock, we could be nestled snuggly under the covers awaiting our usual wakeup time of between 5 and 6.
Head: But there's noone in the house. Noone to wake up if we turn on lights, noone will care if we turn on the music and start the vacuum.
Body: Dude! It's 3 AM! I care if the vacuum starts and the lights are on. Besides, if you make me get up now, I'll have to let out Bu-Dawgh, start the stove and by then I'll be awake and I'll never be able to go back to sleep.
Head: Come on, think of everything you didn't get done yesterday, we can tidy up the stash room, clean out the truck, get next week's hay supply moved into the hay supply place in the barn, heck we could even get the barn cleaned out before Saturday morning, when you're supposed to clean out the barn.
Body: It IS SATURDAY MORNING!!! I'm going back to bed.
Head: No, you're not, besides, you have to go to the bathroom, and then, you'll be awake, so you might as well get used to it. We'll be so productive today, we'll get knitting done! Lots and lots of knitting.
Body: Can we go to the library and return books and get more?
Head: Dude, we can do anything we want. It's Saturday and we have a whole day to do whatever we want.
Body: Except sleep.

And so it goes, and of course, Head wins, we are already upright and vertical when this argument ensues, and by the time it's over, we've already visited the bathroom, started the stove, checked our email and let out the Bu-Dawgh.

The only thing left to do is enjoy our coffee, while making a to-do list!

No comments: